BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Efrem Martin, Chair/Director of Health & Wellness/Legal
- Michelle McGee, Treasurer
- Phebe Lassiter, Secretary/Academic Advisor
- Donna Cammack, Community Relations Liaison/Financial Management
- Lamar Edwards, Sergeant of Arms/Legal/Community Relations Liaison
- Leola Marsh, Women's Athletic Development Co-Chair
- Jasmine Marsh, Women's Athletic Development Co-Chair
- Raymond Paolini, Business development and outreach
- Jerold Foster, leadership development
- Fritz Scadden, at-large
Athletics & Beyond has an active Board of Directors that consist of Colorado natives who graduated from Denver Public Schools (DPS) and universities in Colorado. These members serve as our voices since they are from the community and serve their community. All of our board members have children that currently or have attended DPS so they can personally testify to the achievement gaps in the school system and have stake in making improvements. The Board of Directors of A&B includes 9 members that represent education, business and sports. A&B recruits from the young men and women that have experienced the same barriers to graduation and college attendance as the current A&B classes. The ability to relate to each student and their situation is number one on the priority list for all staff, volunteer and board of directors. This strategy has proven successful for many years and has allowed for close and trusting relationships between A&B staff and volunteers and the students they serve.
- Executive Director- Narcy Jackson is on the (DPS) African American Equity Task Force Steering Committee, Far Northeast Economic Summit Steering Committee and recognized as one of the My Brother's Keeper 25
- Program Managers & Travel Coordinator- Bonnie Smith
- Peer Support Counseling Managers- University of Colorado football graduates DaVaughn Thornton (major: English), Ezekiel Bishop (major: Obtometrist), Justin Adams (Communications) and Joshua Ford (double major: Sociology and Ethnic Studies)
- Director of Boxing- Everette Elliston
Youth Advisory Council:
- Jr. Co-Chairs- Ammon Johnson & Isaiah Waiters & Isaiah Waiters
- Jr. Directors- Tre Jones & Maurice Wyatt
- Public Relations/Speaker- Jaelon Wright and Tsavion Jackson
- Secretary- Amani Jackson
- At Large- Jacob Estes, Malik Manuel and Damani Jones
"My Brothers Keeper Initiative"
The National Mentoring Partnership is proud to collaborate on President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative, a public, private and philanthropic effort to support boys and young men of color in reaching their full potential. The My Brother’s Keeper Task Force identified mentoring as a critical component of the initiative. As the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring, MENTOR has served as an advisor to inform the task force recommendation to launch a public-private campaign to actively recruit high-quality, sustained mentors for all youth and increase support for the capacity of mentoring programs to deliver impactful outcomes. MENTOR’s volunteer search engine is powering this effort and thousands of individuals have already used this tool on the White House website to look for mentoring opportunities in their communities.